One of the things that my Lola and I share (other than beauty.lol) is our love for pasta!
Last Sunday, I was asked to cook for dinner and bring it to the hospital where my Lola got confined. There was only ground pork available in our fridge and the first thing that I thought was to make one of my Lola's favorite food. She has lost her appetite this past few days so I thought this would help.
Anyway, a soon-to-be momma friend of mine asked for this recipe so I'm posting it here in my blog.
- 1 lb. fettuccine noodles, cooked according to package instructions
- 1 lb. ground pork (beef, diced chicken or shrimp is also good)
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 small can of mushrooms (fresh is always better if you like)
- 1 bottle (15 oz) Classico Creamy Alfredo Sauce (this is a lifesaver cos i don't need to make one from scratch. hehe)
- Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Optional: broccoli or parsley for garnish
- Melt butter in a pan.
- Add in garlic and cook till it turns golden brown.
- Add in pork and stir till it browns.
- Add in mushrooms.
- Pour in Alfredo Sauce.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix the sauce with the pasta.
- Sprinkle in Parmesan cheese on top and garnish with greens if desired.
I swear it's one of the most effortless dish you can make if you feel like eating Italian food other than spaghetti. It's so good because of it's creamy texture and cheesy white sauce. Yummmm!
Recreate your own and hope this helps! Good luck!