Filipino food are so good but can be so bad for you so I decided to kick it up a notch and make it a bit healthier. I grew up eating Bistek (Beef Steak) with a cup of warm white rice. My mom would sometimes add potato or green beans but this time, I added broccoli. Sharing with you how to make this simple and easy recipe.
- 1 lb. beef sirloin (thinly cut)
- 1 large sweet onions (cut in rings)
- 3 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 head of broccoli (cut into bite sized pieces)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 pcs of calamansi/lemon (can add more as desired)
- butter or oil
- Marinade beef in soy sauce,calamansi/lemon and pepper for at least 30 minutes but not more than an hour.
- In a pot, blanch the broccoli in boiling water for a minute. Set aside.
- In a pan, heat butter or oil and saute onion rings. Set aside.
- In the same pan, heat butter or oil and saute garlic.
- Then fry the beef until cooked and tender.
- Add the marinade and simmer for a few minutes.
- Sprinkle a dash of sugar. Sugar helps balance the saltiness of the sauce.
- Add the onions on top or mix it together.
- Serve and enjoy!
Serving: 5-7 people