Thursday, April 9, 2015

Sister from another mother

The first friend God led me to in America is a woman with boundless energy, fun-loving spirit and young big heart. She is like a big sister to me and she always has been. My sister in Christ.

She laughs at my corniest jokes and I laugh at hers too. We laugh at the silliest things and she fills the room with nothing but good vibes. 

She weeps quickly on things that touches her tender heart. She is compassionate and empathetic to others. 

She presents herself humbly but fashionably.

She speaks eloquently but she is a good listener too. No matter how shallow the things we talk about, I appreciate that she crosses over and finds the patience to listen to me, even to the things she has already outgrown.

She has a generous heart, and money has never been an issue because blessings find their way back to her.

She is very strong willed and I admire her independence. 

She is one prayerful woman and a devotee to St. Therese. She was my mass buddy and I miss the times when we would go to church together on our lunch break.

She is blessed to have patiently waited for a prayerful husband as well and their lives happily revolve around Christ and serving Him. 

These are the classic traits that make so many people love her. No doubt, she has a big and genuine heart and I'm glad I have a place in it.

These and more are the things I have always admired about her and I hope to be like her too. 

Happy Birthday Ate Beng! Wherever God leads us, you will always have a place in my heart! :)

xoxo,
Joselle

No comments:

Post a Comment