Friday, July 6, 2012

Children-to-be

Before Alan and I got married, we were fortunate enough to go through a series of sessions in preparation for marriage. It was presented to us by one of our principal wedding sponsors who are actively part of a Christian community called Ligaya ng Panginoon. It is very essential for engaged couples considering marriage to go through this kind of seminar (it is also considered as Pre-cana) to be able to have a clearer grasp and understanding of the life they are about to commit theirselves into. One of the things we learned from there that struck me most was about the purpose of marriage. And one of the purposes of marriage that they shared with us could be summed up in this bible verse:

Genesis 1:28
"God blessed them and said to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number, fill the earth and subdue it".

And so I asked my husband, (fiance at that time)

Joselle: Are you ready to have a baby?

Alan: When I asked you to marry me, I knew I was ready to become a father because I know you would be a good mother. (plus 1,000,000 pogi points! :)

At this point in time, we weren't able to beget a child yet. Normally, pregnancy comes after the wedding doesn't it? I feel in my bones that most of our family and friends are excited and are anticipating for our "mini-us." Even Alan and I are excited too. But I am convinced that God sets everything in His time. He knows the perfect time of my child's conception. He knows how many kids we could handle. He knows the right age gap. He even knows if we are going to be blessed with one or not. Because God is an all-knowing God. He ultimately knows what is best for us. Therefore, we put our complete trust in Him and we surrender everything to Him. As a matter of fact, my husband and I agreed not to use any kind of contraceptives as it differs from the teachings of God and that of the church. (Pro-life)

Because Alan and I had to be apart at this point in time, I believe that it is God's will that we weren't able to conceive our honeymoon baby. But that's fine for we know that, "My God will meet all our needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus" Phil 4:19.

However, over the weekend, God abruptly lavished me with too many children! What a great sense of humor God has. The 2012 Couples for Christ conference took place in our state and I was assigned to help in taking care of 150 kids!!! Was I traumatized by these kiddos or was I able to enjoy them? If you guessed the latter, then you are right. I enjoyed taking care of those little kids. Especially the little girls had gotten so close to my heart. Yes it could be exhausting looking after them and providing them with everything they need but at the end of the day, it felt as rewarding as ever. I actually miss this one group of kids who had named themselves "strawberry." (: Out of all the kids, they're the most charming, sweet, and well-behaved kids! Their parents should be truly proud of themselves for raising their little ones so well. 

These kids by the way are part of Kids for Christ. One thing I love about our community is that the couples involve their kids as well in the activities. They help build a strong foundation of faith at an early stage. After Kids for Christ, when they reach their teenage years, they become part of Youth for Christ. Consequently, after college, they become part of Singles for Christ. And when they get married, they can become members of Couples for Christ. It is indeed a perfectly orchestrated family ministry.

Anyway, going back to the kids, I am glad that God is giving me ample time in preparation for motherhood. Whether it's soon or years from now, I'm already praying for my children-to-be. That Alan and I would be able to raise them in accordance to the will of the Lord. That we could mold their hearts by God's grace to be loving, kind, compassionate, obedient, humble, respectful, righteous, generous, and most of all, God-fearing.

Isaiah 54:13 "All your children shall be taught by the Lord, and great shall be the place of your children."

the strawberry team

Owie

Otel

  
xoxo,
Joselle


2 comments:

  1. Sis, it is only now that I realize how gifted you are in expressing yourself. I enjoyed reading your blog and was I surprised!!!

    No kids! Not yet :-) All in God's time :-)

    ReplyDelete