I've only been married for 2 and a half years but I can't wait to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary too! :D All because I was very inspired by today's celebration of my aunt and my uncle's silver wedding anniversary and renewal of vows. In my honoring for them, I thought I should share it in my blog and hopefully my readers will be as inspired as I was.
Let love be genuine. Abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good. Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor. Do not be slothful in zeal, be fervent in spirit, serve the Lord. Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. Contribute to the needs of the saints and seek to show hospitality.
These are the verses that best represent the secret of their 25 years of marriage.
- My family has been living under their roof for 6 years now and we’ve witnessed with our very eyes the genuine love they have for each other all these years.
- We’ve seen their kindheartedness in doing good not only to the family but also to other people outside the family and it’s all by the grace of God.
- My uncle never fails to surprise my aunt especially on important occasions like this. He can be so cheap on himself but when it comes to my aunt, he can be so generous. Like my husband, he’s also a member of the “happy wife happy life club” ;)
- My aunt’s love for my uncle is relentless like her fervent love for the Lord. She’s been supportive and proud of him in everything he does and she values his decisions as the head of the household.
- We’ve seen how faithful they both are to the Lord by serving Him through our CFC community and through our church.
- We hardly see them in arguments or raising their voice at each other, but when they get into one, they are quick to forgive one another.
- We are beyond thankful and grateful to them for their warm hospitality in providing shelter for us and for their selfless love.
All these and more are what makes their marriage a testimony of a marriage designed by the Lord.
And what God binded together, let no man separate. –Mark 10:9
Alan and I are inspired by your love for one another. My mom, my sisters and I are blessed to be part of this family. May your marriage persevere until the very end and may you keep touching other people’s lives. We love you!
Happy 25th wedding anniversary!
|Woke up early to help style the reception venue. Everything was DIY! (Do-it-youself)|
|We arranged the flowers the night before.|
|St. Benedict's Taylor lodge.|
|My pretty mom :)|
|Honored to be the chauffeur!|
|Beautiful bride. Make up by Jovy (my sister), accessories by me.|
|Pleasure hosting the program for free. For future events and emcee job, let us talk about my rate! lol|
|We sang in the choir but first we took a selfie!|
|The most talented and creative groom who was behind everything!|
|With their unico hijo who was also celebrating his birthday on the same day.|