If you've been following me on Instagram, you'd know that I successfully finished my #100happydays challenge this month!!! Yipeee!
I've proven that it's possible to be happy 100 days in a row. However, it's not as easy as I thought it would be. There were days when I felt like crap especially when I'm missing my husband (huhuhu), and there were days when life just seems mundane. Whenever an uneventful day comes to an end and I had nothing posted for the challenge, what I do is I stop, reflect, and simply try my best to find something that will bring back the joy in my heart. It was a great way to put a smile on my face at the end of each day. When I try to look closely around me, I become more appreciative of what I've got and more sensitive to the needs of others. For some reason, when I focus less on myself and more on others, I get less anxious about my own needs. Taking on this challenge, I learned to find happiness in the little things and to be grateful in all the blessings from above.
Here's my top 10 happiest days!
I realize how truly blessed I am with:
1. My marriage. Reunited with my husband. I read somewhere that everyone cannot be a princess, but you can find someone that can make you feel like a princess. I'm glad I found mine!
2. Opportunity to travel. Wandered Japan with my favorite travel buddy!
3. My mom. For her birthday, I asked her what she wanted and her wish was my command. That's actually nothing compared to her raising me to be who I am today.
4. My sisters. Taking care of them and seeing them grow with grace brings me joy!
5. Family. One for all, all for one!
7. Food. My sure comfort! Nomnomnom. Everytime I get irked by someone, I just tell myself, they must have skipped a meal. :P
8. Exercise. Scientifically, working out makes you happy... and sexy! lol
9. My creative outlet, my blog. Happy to share my sentiments and I've never thought that they actually value to others :)
10. Last but not the least, God. All these things are from Him, my source of joy!
All these things above are temporary and will pass but one thing I always keep in mind is true happiness is found in the paths of his commands. Psalm 119:35
Lord, help me to delight in the things that will bring me to eternal happiness.