Thursday, October 24, 2013

Older, Wiser, & Stronger

Few days days before my birthday, I recollected things that happened to me this year and walking down memory lane was not quite enjoyable. Here's a quick rundown:


 "Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.Matthew 5:4
Last week, I was humbled by a call from a dear friend for telling me how she and her friend were in awe on how I was coping up well in the midst of these daunting setbacks. At once I was reminded of my everyday prayer which I got from one of the daily devotionals I subscribed myself to:

 "May your light shine through me that others may see your truth and love, and find hope and peace in you".

This just validated my prayer! To bring honor and glory to God, even in the most difficult times of my life is beyond price.

It is only by God's grace I was able to recover. It is only by Him, my heart is at peace. It is only by Him, I feel complete even when the love of my life is not around. It is only by Him, I am celebrating death of my grandparents knowing that they're in a happier place together, forever with God, with all the saints and the angels. It is only by Him, I find hope that I will see them and my dad again in my next life. 

Also, it is only by Him, I find myself learning from the trials I was faced upon. 

I learned to be more patient in waiting for God's perfect timing.
I learned to completely put my trust in God and not on my own for He knows what He is doing.
I learned not to take family for granted. I learned to spend quality time with them.
I learned to forgive and to love unconditionally, to not hold grudges and bitterness in my heart.
I learned to keep on looking at the bright side and to be always positive.

Most especially, I learned that life isn't about me, but it's ultimately about Him. What better way to celebrate my birthday today than to honor the one who gave life to me. 

Thank you dear Lord for the gift of 27 years of existence and counting. Each year, you've tenderly shaped me and formed me wiser and stronger. Thank you for deeply sewing your words in my heart each year. Thank you for picking me back up and sustaining me with wisdom and grace. I am forever grateful of your love and your faithfulness! 



Thank you Lord for the people who made me feel special on my day physically and virtually. Felt your amazing love through them! 

Birthday lunch with coworker at North Point Diner :)
Birthday dinner with my family at Raku :)

xoxo,
Joselle










No comments:

Post a Comment