Monday, October 8, 2012

Fall Fest!

Fall is my most favorite season of all! Not too hot, not too cold either. I can just look for hours gazing at the orange-colored leaves falling from the trees. The changing of colors is eye captivating indeed. Oh how beautiful mother nature can be! God is really amazing for creating such masterpiece.

I love to run outside especially around this time. I love it when the fresh, cool breeze rushes through my face. It's a perfect time to get back on track! After my 10K Peachtree Road Race, I kind of laid low on running. I just run around the neighborhood and last summer here was burning hot as usual so I kind of slacked off. However, I'm just so happy summer's over and I am now embracing fall at it's best.

I got so curious when my dear cousin introduced me to the 5K Firefly Run. My goal is to run all sorts of races ATL has to offer (as long as I can) so when my cousin explained to me that this time, the race will be at night and runners have to wear glow sticks and led lights on, I pictured it in my mind and I thought it's pretty cool! So last Saturday, we did our first Firefly Run and it was spectacular!

Kristine, Krissy and Me!
See how everyone looks like fireflies from a far. Their lights were shining, shimmering, splendid!

We made it! Good job girls! (:
The next day, Sunday, my family and I had gone to a day trip and headed to a cute town not too far, Helen, GA. The town is best known for Oktoberfest! The village, the houses, the town were basically German inspired. It felt like we had gone to Munich! Hallo!







We had lunch by the river alongside a great view!


It's the first time I tried PUMPERNICKEL bread with...


German Cheese for appetizer!!! Yummo!


And for the main dish, we had KNOCKWURST and BAUERNWURST sausages with red cabbage and potatoes. So exquisite!!!


Drooling to these apples covered in decadent caramel and chocolate...


Look at how the chocolate is being traditionally made by the locals. Galing!


Next stop, Cabbage Patch Kids! Baby wonderland only in Georgia!!!


My mom and my aunties obviously can't wait for grandchildren :P

Momma Joselle (:
That was a super packed and exhilarating weekend! We're looking forward for more outdoor adventure! (:


By the way, two weeks ago, we went to an apple orchard at Ellijay, GA. We had a great time! 



TGIF! Thank God Its Fall (:

xoxo,
Joselle

No comments:

Post a Comment