Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Citizenship

Five years back, I still remember the first day my feet touched American soil. It was a dream come true! Everything was new, modern, orderly, clean, and big! I felt like I was Alice in Wonderland. For a girl who hasn't gone out of the country and never boarded a plane in her entire life, it was definitely quite an exciting journey. I can't imagine how I managed to squeeze in my 21 life-long years in just two 25 lbs. suitcases (well, the other suitcase contained a bunch of pasalubong so isa lang talaga.haha).
Fast forward five years and tomorrow, I am taking my American citizenship interview. Wow! Time, why do you fly so fast?
In the event I get lucky and pass the interview, I can finally start processing my husband's immigrant visa. In no time, we will be together again! We can finally move on with our lives together and hopefully start a family :) 
I'll keep you posted on how it goes.
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." -Jeremiah 29:11
xoxo,
Joselle

No comments:

Post a Comment